Monday, December 10, 2007

Violin Recital

Last night, I snapped a couple of pictures of my sister-in-law to use on her violin recital invitation. MaryAnn has been playing violin since she was a little girl, and she still takes lessons. She plays so much that she has a permanent "hicky" where her violin rubs on her jaw. It is pretty cute, actually. Anyway, I snapped one picture with the flash, and hated it immediately. I cranked up the ISO and just used the light that was coming from the lamp I positioned her next to. The pictures turned out really nice, even though there was not much "prep" that went into creating them. This is the one we chose for the invitation:

Poor MaryAnn felt so silly...she was worried about her face looking chubby (how silly!) and I was trying to get her eyes at the right angle and so she had to imagine looking at her music at a specific angle. But...it turned out pretty, huh?

No comments: