Thursday, November 12, 2009

Henry's 3!

Yesterday my boy turned 3! Can you believe it? (Unfortunately, he is in the stage where it is hard to get good pictures of him, so please be forgiving of the craziness!) Like his sister he put in an extensive and detailed order for his birthday cake. He wanted a train on a bridge. And not just any bridge...a trestle bridge. And not just any train...Diesel 10. And, Diesel 10 needed to be a toy. Hopefully, my adult brain understood his 3 year old brain, because this is the cake I came up with:Kinda cool, I thought. I used my mom's chocolate cake recipe, and let me tell you...it is the only chocolate cake from scratch recipe that I have made that isn't horribly dry! It was tender and yummy! It is definitely going into the recipe stash!

Well...it looks like Henry's pleased! That really is ALL that counts, after all!

1 comment:

Sierra said...

I like this cake! It turned out really cute. I can't believe he is 3 already!! WOW!