Wednesday, November 12, 2008

2 years old

My boy is now 2. That is one of those statements that kinda puts a shiver down my spine. Time flies so fast! My sister-in-law commented the other day that 6 weeks goes really fast when it isn't your own child...I countered with that it goes really fast even when it IS your child! I am still reeling over the fact that my oldest is 4...and now my boy is 2!!!

He had a good day, though. We opened presents in the morning and he spent the whole day dragging around his new Tonka dump truck and his new train. The dump truck we found at DI and is mostly metal (like the old style ones) and so he had a tough time taking it everywhere he wanted to go and gave up dragging it around at about lunch time. The train, however, is apparently his new best friend and took a nap with him:

He also had a train cake. I asked him what flavor he wanted his cake to be and he said "blue"...we did not have a blue cake, however. Daddy vetoed that. I made a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling. I even made the cake from scratch (I am tired of how box cakes all taste the same, regardless of the flavor!). Here's a couple pics of the cake:


The cake is a little cockeyed, but that is okay. I used cupcakes for the smoke stack, but I didn't have any bamboo skewers to keep it from tilting, so it started to droop as I was icing it. The whole cake is a little crooked because I used styrofoam under the cake to hold it up so I could put on the wheels and the styrofoam wasn't perfectly flat. Oh well. I think it turned out pretty darned cute even though it would never get me a job on Food Network. LOL!

When we sang "Happy Birthday" to the birthday boy, he was so excited that as soon as Daddy lit the candles he blew them out again. We had to re-light the candles and give him strict instructions to wait to blow them out! He's so cute!

2 comments:

Sierra said...

He is so stinkin' cute!! Love the cake, you did a good job. I hate using box cakes too when I decorate. They are TOO moist.

Tana Lovett said...

The kids are so cute!!! Holy Cow! they ARE growing up fast!

Love,
Tana