Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Really cool soft light box

Yesterday I bought the coolest thing ever. I did a ton of searching on the internet trying to find a doable solution for CarrieAnn that wants her bridals shot in the Capitol Building...but I don't want to haul around stand-mounted lights and umbrellas and soft boxes and all that crap. I like to be moveable when I do pictures! Anyway, I found a 12 inch by 16 inch soft light box that can attach to my Speedlight that attaches to my camera. It is so cool. I was even going to buy a off-camera mount flash bracket...but the nice salesperson at the store gave me a better idea. Instead of spending an additional $100-$200 on a bracket, she suggested just putting my camera on my tripod and then hand holding my flash with the soft box attached...that way I can move it to where it needs to be manually and easier. My pocketbook thanks her!
I am shooting CarrieAnn's bridals in a couple of Saturdays, so I will post the results from my really cool soft light box when I get them!!

No comments: