Friday, January 18, 2008

I love brush embroidery

So my newest fun cake decorating technique that I used last night is called "Brush Embroidery". You use a flower shape fondant cutter to lightly mark where you will outline. Outline the indentation with thin icing, and then immediately brush the icing in towards the center using a damp artist's brush. It was so easy...and it looks so pretty!


This cake is for my brother's family. They just had a baby, and I needed to practice my decorating...so they get a cake! Happy baby!

P.S. My sister-in-law was confused about the description above...the brush embroidery is the little purple flower. The top tier is kinda "quilted"...I used a sharp knife to cut the lines and then put small dots in icing in the line intersections. I hope this clears things up!

No comments: